Sit less and move more! Did you know a study in the British Medical Journal, shows that sitting for more than three hours per day can reduce your life expectancy by up to two years?
10 tips for sitting less in your work day
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Try a standing meeting or a walking meeting.
- Fill up your water bottle – on another floor of your building.
- Stand up when you speak on the phone.
- Get to work the active way; walk, bike or get off the bus at an earlier stop.
- Walk over to a colleague and pass on a message instead of emailing.
- Head to the gym in your lunch break or just take a walk around the block.
- Try some quick exercises at your desk such as relaxed breathing, arm and neck stretches.
- Invest in a pedometer and see how many steps you can do in a day.
- Set up your desk as a standing desk